Try this great ice cream cake recipe !
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1/3 cup Strawberry Sauce, chilled
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Sauce, chilled
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 14 ounces canned pineapple
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
Prepare sauces and let cool before preparing cake. Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes or until spreadable; pack evenly into 9-inch springform pan. Pour chocolate sauce over top. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
Meanwhile, let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, drain pineapple and pure in food processor; mix into vanilla ice cream. Spread over chocolate layer; freeze for 20 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or until softened; spread over pineapple layer.
Whip cream with confectioners' sugar; spread or pipe over top of cake. Remove side of pan; garnish with banana and Strawberry Sauce. Serve immediately. Freeze for 20 minutes or
- 1 1/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
In small saucepan, stir together strawberries, sugar and orange rind. Blend orange juice with cornstarch; stir into pan and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In saucepan, whisk together sugar, whipping cream, cocoa, Vanilla extract and salt until smooth; cook over medium heat, stirring for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened and smooth. Let cool.
The ice cream cake recipe is ready...nice !